One System — Unlimited Applications
StudentView is DecisionInsite’s technology platform and the gateway to Enrollment Analytics and TransitOptimizers solutions. Designed specifically for school district leaders, the StudentView System bridges the gap between data and decisionable information. StudentView is an easy-to-use, web-based mapping interface built on Google™ maps.
StudentView answers “where” questions about your district. Questions about your students, bus stops, schools, boundaries, housing developments, bus routes, special programs and more. In understanding the locational relationships in your district, questions are answered and decisions are made – simply and easily.
Some of the capabilities with the StudentView System include:
- Attendance zones and district boundaries are digitized, web accessible, easily modified
- The location of all or some of your students can be visualized on a map, most often referred to as plotting
- Plot students based on a specific trait. For example, GATE, students with an IEP, transported students, ethnicity
- A comprehensive database of demographic data may be queried geographically – by neighborhood, attendance area, district-wide or regionally
- Easy map exporting creates compelling PowerPoint presentations
- View maps as terrain, street and satellite
- MySchoolLocator (MSL): MSL lets parents look up assigned neighborhood schools from a link on your website. Parents enter their address and the system returns the schools that serve their address along with directions and a map from their residence to the school. Walking and driving directions are provided in most cases.
- MSL+: The “MySchoolLocator + Bus Stops” is an optional add-on feature. Parents enter their address and the system returns the schools that serve their address along with directions and a map from their residence to the school.
- Map Tools puts powerful, yet intuitive tools in our client’s hands which allow them to easily work with geographically displayed data.
StudentView is a cloud-based application. There is no software or hardware for the district to maintain or additional licenses to purchase. No specialized training is required to use StudentView and it can be deployed to as many users in the district as needed. StudentView integrates with many popular Student Information Systems. The video below shows many of the features and reports available. Note the video is a slideshow with no audio.
In addition to these features of the StudentView System, clients often call upon our team to assist with custom GIS projects including:
Contact us today should you like more information.