Definition of Personal Information:
Personal information is defined as any data relating to an identified or identifiable individual.
Statement of Privacy Principles
In handling client, student and employee personal information, we abide by the following principles:
- We will limit the information we collect to that which is necessary to conduct business.
- DecisionInsite collects business contact and student information in compliance with applicable laws and ethical business practices, in order to provide products and services, to conduct business, and to administer the DecisionInsite web site.
- We collect usernames and passwords from our clients for use in the login portion of the DecisionInsite web site.
- The business contact information we collect is an individual’s name, title, business address, email address or telephone number, and any other information our clients voluntarily provide us.
- The primary information collected from the student record includes the student identification number, gender, home address, grade in school, dates of first enrollment in the district and in the school, and ethnicity. Student names are not a necessary part of the record we collect; however, when provided, we use them to help identify and delete duplicate records.
- We promise to use only legal, ethical and professionally accepted practices in collecting data.
- We will deliberately limit our use of the data we collect
- DecisionInsite shall not use or disclose business contact or student information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the Person or as required by law.
- We collect student information only for statistical and aggregate querying purposes, the results of which cannot be associated with a specific person.
- At no time shall DecisionInsite divulge any data about particular students or families to which it has access neither during the production of the product nor subsequent to the final creation of the deliverable product.
- We will not disclose any personal information in a manner that would link the information disclosed to the individual to whom it pertains.
- DecisionInsite may from time to time use a person’s business contact information to contact the person about changes, enhancements or similar notices related to DecisionInsite products and services.
- DecisionInsite will protect personal information with physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, in order to protect it from unauthorized access, release or use.
- Only DecisionInsite employees who need to know in order to provide products or services to you, or whose duties reasonably so require, are granted access to personal information about individuals.
- DecisionInsite does not and will not sell, rent, or otherwise provide personal information to outside marketers.
- DecisionInsite may use third-party vendors e.g., data storage and processing facilities, to assist us in administering our web site or providing our products and services.
- We may transfer personal information to vendors who have entered into a contract with DecisionInsite in ways that protects the confidentiality of your information and permits the vendor to use it only as reasonably necessary to fulfill its contract with DecisionInsite.
- We may also provide personal information to third-parties if we believe in our discretion it would be helpful to us in responding to you. For example, if you ask us to provide you with information about one of our partners, we may provide your request and contact information to such partner so that the partner may respond to your request directly.
- DecisionInsite may disclose personal information as it believes is reasonably necessary to comply with law, regulation or other governmental authority or to prevent harm to you or others.
- DecisionInsite will respond to questions about our Privacy Principles, policies and procedures; and will address privacy complaints about possible privacy violations.
- We will provide clients and employees with easily understood information about our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information.
If you have questions or need assistance, email us at email@example.com or call 877-204-1392, ext 1001.